Tuesday, September 25, 2007

it's been a year?

I just realized that the end of this week will mark 1 year since being fired from the Apple Store. It seems like yesterday and it seems like forever ago. It was bitter-sweet because it was my dream job working for the Mothership, doing what I was meant to do, but the working conditions really sucked and I don't know how much longer I could have survived there.

What happened in the 12 months since then?
- I sank into a pretty deep depression for a while.
- My fiance delayed moving in with me
- I filed for unemployment
- I filed an unsuccessful appeal of the firing and asked for an investigation into working conditions... that went nowhere (THAT BITCH).
- My fiance moved in over Thanksgiving weekend
- I landed a very brief consulting gig in Ocala setting up an XServe
- The job search lasted forever
- I found a part time pee-on job at the Florida Coastal School of Law. Worked there for about a week. (HATED IT)
- I found full time work at Jacksonville University as a PC Tech that barely paid peanuts
- Wedding preparations were underway.
- 2 weeks before the wedding, I was contacted by a recruiter for a job in Knoxville
- Got married
- Honeymoon in DC
- didn't really have time to say goodbye to all my friends
- Moved to Knoxville and lived in a hotel for 2 months
- Bought and sold houses simultaneously
- Moved all our stuff up to Knoxville.
- Comforted my wife during her disheartening job search.

... and the sands of time continue to fall.

No comments: