Thursday, November 08, 2007

legacy


1 Infinite Loop
Originally uploaded by mcclint
I was just reminded of something that happened to me a while ago that made me stop and think. A couple months ago I got an email out of the blue from a student at Flagler College asking me for some Mac help/advice. I didn't recognize the student's name but he certainly knew of me. I left Flagler to work for Apple almost 3 years ago, but what I accomplished there made such an impact that someone went out of their way to track me down and email me at my new work address that I keep strictly for work.
I remember working at the Genius Bar and seeing students I recognized come in and say hi to me and mention how they wished I was still there. Students who started at Flagler AFTER I left would come up and say hello and say that they heard so much about me.
I'm not one to get an inflated ego but knowing what kind of impact I had while I was there and even afterward made me feel really good. And knowing that helped me get thru my dark days after getting fired from Apple.

No comments: