Tuesday, April 28, 2009

catching up

Well last week my step-mother died. She's who pretty much raised me from a toddler to about 9 years old when she and my dad divorced. I drove down to Florida to be with my dad and my brother.  She had been ill for quite some time so it wasn't totally unexpected, but as I learned from the death of my own mother, just because you expect it, that doesn't make it any easier to take.
Now I'm back in Knoxville trying to get caught up on work that I missed. Yesterday I had a full 16 hour day driving to a client's office 2 hours away and replacing a dying XServe and transferring all the files and services to the new server. What made it especially bad was that I had just driven 9 hours back to Knoxville on Saturday and had only sunday to rest and get out of bed at 4:30 am monday morning for a 2 hour drive.

ugh

No comments: