Friday, June 11, 2010

that's it. I'm done with tennessee

Well a few weeks after my wife lost her job I discovered that my boss posted an ad for my job online. The automated job search bots I've got setup at several job sites emailed me with this really great job that was right up my alley. It was MY job with MY employer. We aren't busy enough to justify hiring another person. The only possibility was that he was looking to replace me soon. There are no jobs here for either of us. I'd rather be jobless with friends and family than jobless in a town I hate with no one around me. I took a pre-emptive strike and approached my boss to tell him that since my wife lost her job, our lives have gotten worse and we decided to move back to Florida to be with friends and family. I told him the process would take a few months and I should still be here to help him find and train my replacement. This gave me control to exit when I'm ready and not have the rug pulled out from under me.
We're now in the process of packing and sorting our stuff for a garage sale and to put the house in sellable condition.

This Tennessee experiment is over. We're going home. Now I just hope we can do this quickly.

No comments: