Wednesday, May 21, 2008

elvis sighting


Elvis sighting
Originally uploaded by mcclint
Let my wife's words speak about this encounter:
OMG,
The show was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC last night!!!!!!!!

Well, on the way from the parking garage we walked by the tour buses.
Being the retard I am I made Clint take a picture of me in front of the bus (to capture my homemade Elvis Costello t-shirt and rock star pony tails all spiky- which by the way are NOT adequately captured in this picture)

As soon as the picture was snapped
ELVIS COSTELLO GOT OFF THE BUS AND I WAS FACE TO FACE WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was stunned.
Shocked.
Awed.
I stood mouth agape, and all I could think of to say to this master of lyrics and music was “you already know how awesome you are”.
Luckily Clint’s quick thinking saved the moment FOREVER by capturing a Kodak (actually Fuji- but Kodak works better in this context) moment by telling me to get a picture.

So I asked (and this is the best part because it reflects even more of my overwhelmed lack of words) “may I take a photograph with you” and he smiled cordially and said yes.
At that point all I could do is fan my hands in front of my face like a feklempt jewess and said “oh my God, oh my God, I got a picture, I am so excited! I think I peed a little!!!!!” He chuckled and made his way into the Theatre.

Then Clint reminded me that I just told Elvis Costello that “I think I peed a little”. It was obviously just an expression of excitement, but Dude…Could I have not come up with anything more clever that a 12 year old boy’s vocabulary when in the presence of someone with such lyrical and musical talent? No. I had to say “awesome” and “I peed” and “ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod”.

OK Clint, are you happy? I made sure to tell people I told Elvis Costello I peed a little.

That shame will haunt me forever. Sigh.

No comments: